Deptrac alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Static Analysis" category.
Alternatively, view Deptrac alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Magento specific extension for PHPStan
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Deptrac or a related project?
Deptrac is a static code analysis tool for PHP that helps you communicate, visualize and enforce architectural decisions in your projects. You can freely define your architectural layers over classes and which rules should apply to them.
For example, you can use Deptrac to ensure that bundles/modules/extensions in your project are truly independent of each other to make them easier to reuse.
Deptrac can be used in a CI pipeline to make sure a pull request does not violate any of the architectural rules you defined. With the optional Graphviz formatter you can visualize your layers, rules and violations.
You can find the documentation in the /docs directory or visit the doc page: https://qossmic.github.io/deptrac
You can install Deptrac via Composer. We recommend using the deptrac-shim package for this:
composer require --dev qossmic/deptrac-shim
Alternatively, you can also use Phive or download the binary attached to each release on GitHub. We strongly advise against using the deptrac package directly as a composer dependency. We update dependencies regularly, which might cause disruptions in your project.
Once you have downloaded the phar file, you will need to create a [configuration file](docs/configuration.md), where you define your layers and communication ruleset. When you have this file, you can analyse your code by running the analyse command:
php deptrac.phar # which is equivalent to php deptrac.phar analyse --config-file=deptrac.yaml
In order to run Deptrac you need at least PHP 8.1.
You can analyse projects that require an older PHP version as long as nikic/php-parser can parse it.
- [Backwards Compatibility](docs/bc_policy.md) - General info on how we approach backwards compatibility
- [Upgrade Guide](docs/upgrade.md) - List of backwards breaking changes that need to be addressed when upgrading Deptrac to a new version and how to do it.
- [Core Concepts](docs/concepts.md) - Explains layers, rules and violations in more details.
- [Configuration](docs/configuration.md) - Reference for all available settings in a depfile
- [Collectors](docs/collectors.md) - Reference for which collectors are available in Deptrac to define your layers.
- [Formatters](docs/formatters.md) - Lists the different output formats supported by Deptrac
- [Debugging](docs/debugging.md) - Overview of the debug commands
- [Code Of Conduct](docs/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md) - Our community standards
- [Contribute](docs/CONTRIBUTING.md) - Advice for contributing code changes, e.g. how to run tests or how to build a phar file with your changes that you can use to analyse your projects
- [Security Guide](docs/SECURITY.md) - How to report security vulnerabilities