Avg Release Cycle
576 days ago
v0.8.1 ChangesJuly 20, 2011
- Repush of 0.8.0 to fix a Ruby 1.9.2 RubyGems issue.
v0.8.0 ChangesJuly 20, 2011
- VirtualBox 4.1 support only. Previous versions of VirtualBox are supported by earlier versions of Vagrant.
- Performance optimizations in
virtualboxgem. Huge speed gains.
:chef_serverprovisioner is now
- SSH connection is now cached after first access internally,
reload, etc. quite a bit.
- Actions which modify the VM now occur much more quickly,
greatly speeding up
- SUSE host only networking support. [GH-369]
- Show nice error message for invalid HTTP responses for HTTP downloader. [GH-403]
:inlineoption for shell provisioner to provide inline scripts as a string. [GH-395]
- Host only network now properly works on multiple adapters. [GH-365]
- Can now specify owner/group for regular shared folders. [GH-350]
ssh_confighost name will use VM name if given. [GH-332]
-eflag changed to
-cto align with
sshstandard behavior. [GH-323]
- Forward agent and forward X11 settings properly appear in
- Chef JSON can now be set with
chef.json =instead of the old
- Provisioner configuration is no longer cleared when the box
needs to be downloaded during an
- Multiple Chef provisioners no longer overwrite cookbook folders. [GH-407]
packagewon't delete previously existing file. [GH-408]
- Vagrantfile can be lowercase now. [GH-399]
- Only one copy of Vagrant may be running at any given time. [GH-364]
- Default home directory for Vagrant moved to
- Specify a
forwarded_port_destinationfor SSH configuration and SSH port searching will fall back to that if it can't find any other port. [GH-375]
v0.7.8 ChangesJuly 19, 2011
- Make sure VirtualBox version check verifies that it is 4.0.x.
v0.7.7 ChangesJuly 12, 2011
- Fix crashing bug with Psych and Ruby 1.9.2. [GH-411]
v0.7.6 ChangesJuly 02, 2011
- Run Chef commands in a single command. [GH-390]
nfsoption for Chef to mount Chef folders via NFS. [GH-378]
- Add translation for
abortedstate in VM. [GH-371]
- Use full paths with the Chef provisioner so that restart cookbook will work. [GH-374]
- Add "--no-color" as an argument and no colorized output will be used. [GH-379]
- Added DEVICE option to the RedHat host only networking entry, which allows host only networking to work even if the VM has multiple NICs. [GH-382]
- Touch the network configuration file for RedHat so that the
sedworks with host only networking. [GH-381]
- Load prerelease versions of plugins if available.
- Do not load a plugin if it depends on an invalid version of Vagrant.
- Encrypted data bag support in Chef server provisioner. [GH-398]
- Use the
-Hflag to set the proper home directory for
v0.7.5 ChangesMay 16, 2011
config.ssh.portcan be specified and takes highest precedence if specified. Otherwise, Vagrant will still attempt to auto-detect the port. [GH-363]
- Get rid of RubyGems deprecations introduced with RubyGems 1.8.x
- Search in pre-release gems for plugins as well as release gems.
- Support for Chef-solo
- Can specify path to Chef binary using
- Can specify additional environment data for Chef using
v0.7.4 ChangesMay 12, 2011
- Chef environments support (for Chef 0.10) [GH-358]
- Suppress the "added to known hosts" message for SSH [GH-354]
- Ruby 1.8.6 support [GH-352]
- Chef proxy settings now work for chef server [GH-335]
v0.7.3 ChangesApril 19, 2011
- Retry all SSH on Net::SSH::Disconnect in case SSH is just restarting. [GH-313]
- Add NFS shared folder support for Arch linux. [GH-346]
- Fix issue with unknown terminal type output for sudo commands.
- Forwarded port protocol can now be set as UDP. [GH-311]
- Chef server file cache path and file backup path can be configured. [GH-310]
- Setting hostname should work on Debian now. [GH-307]
v0.7.2 ChangesFebruary 08, 2011
- Update JSON dependency to 1.5.1, which works with Ruby 1.9 on Windows.
- Fix sudo issues on sudo < 1.7.0 (again).
- Fix race condition in SSH, which specifically manifested itself in the chef server provisioner. [GH-295]
- Change sudo shell to use
- Can now set mac address of host only network. [GH-294]
- NFS shared folders with spaces now work properly. [GH-293]
- Failed SSH commands now show output in error message. [GH-285]
v0.7.1 ChangesJanuary 28, 2011
- Change error output with references to VirtualBox 3.2 to 4.0.
- Internal SSH through net-ssh now uses
IdentitiesOnlythanks to upstream net-ssh fix.
- Fix issue causing warnings to show with
forwardx11enabled for SSH. [GH-279]
- FreeBSD support for host only networks, NFS, halting, etc. [GH-275]
- Make SSH commands which use sudo compatible with sudo < 1.7.0. [GH-278]
- Fix broken puppet server provisioner which called a nonexistent method.
- Default SSH host changed from
localhostis not always loopback.
shellprovisioner which simply uploads and executes a script as root on the VM.
- Gentoo host only networking no longer fails if already setup. [GH-286]
- Set the host name of your guest OS with
vagrant ssh-confignow outputs the configured