Avg Release Cycle
456 days ago
- Proper error handling for not enough arguments to
- Fix issue causing crashes with bridged networking. [GH-673]
- Ignore host only network interfaces that are "down." [GH-675]
- Use "printf" instead of "echo" to determine shell expanded files paths which is more generally POSIX compliant. [GH-676]
- Proper error handling for not enough arguments to
- Support shell expansions in shared folder guest paths again. [GH-656]
- Fix issue where Chef solo always expected the host to have a "cookbooks" folder in their directory. [GH-638]
forward_agentnot working when outside of blocks. [GH-651]
- Fix issue causing custom guest implementations to not load properly.
- Filter clear screen character out of output on SSH.
- Log output now goes on
stderr, since it is utility information.
- Get rid of case where a
NoMethodErrorcould be raised while determining VirtualBox version. [GH-658]
- Debian/Ubuntu uses
ifdownagain, instead of
ifconfig xxx down, since the behavior seems different/wrong.
- Give a nice error if
:vagrantis used as a JSON key, since Vagrant uses this. [GH-661]
- If there is only one bridgeable interface, use that without asking the user. [GH-655]
- The shell will have color output if ANSICON is installed on Windows. [GH-666]
ifconfig device downinstead of
- Clearer invalid log level error. [GH-645]
- Fix exception raised with NFS
NoMethodErrorexception in puppet server.
vagrant box helpon Ruby 1.8.7. [GH-647]
- VirtualBox 4.0 support backported in addition to supporting VirtualBox 4.1.
config.vm.networksyntax changed so that the first argument is now the type of argument. Previously where you had
config.vm.network "22.214.171.124"you should now put
config.vm.network :hostonly, "126.96.36.199". This is in order to support bridged networking, as well.
config.vm.forward_portno longer requires a name parameter.
- Bridged networking.
:bridgedas the option will setup a bridged network.
- Host only networks can be configured with DHCP now. Specify
:dhcpas the IP and it will be done.
config.vm.customizenow takes a command to send to
VBoxManage, so any arbitrary command can be sent. The older style of passing a block no longer works and Vagrant will give a proper error message if it notices this old-style being used.
config.ssh.forwarded_port_keyis gone. Vagrant no longer cares about forwarded port names for any reason. Please use
config.ssh.forwarded_port_destinationhas been replaced by
config.ssh.guest_portwhich more accurately reflects what it is used for. Vagrant will automatically scan forwarded ports that match the guest port to find the SSH port.
- Logging. The entire Vagrant source has had logging sprinkled throughout to make debugging issues easier. To enable logging, set the VAGRANT_LOG environmental variable to the log level you wish to see. By default, logging is silent.
guestthroughout the source. Any
config.vm.systemconfigurations must be changed to
- Puppet provisioner no longer defaults manifest to "box.pp." Instead, it is now "default.pp"
- All Vagrant commands that take a VM name in a Multi-VM environment can now be given a regular expression. If the name starts and ends with a "/" then it is assumed to be a regular expression. [GH-573]
- Added a "--plain" flag to
vagrant sshwhich will cause Vagrant to not perform any authentication. It will simply
sshinto the proper IP and port of the virtual machine.
- If a shared folder now has a
:createflag set to
true, the path on the host will be created if it doesn't exist.
box add, which will overwrite any existing boxes if they exist. [GH-631]
upwhich configures what provisioners run, by shortcut. [GH-367]
- Arbitrary mount options can be passed with
:extrato any shared folders. [GH-551]
- Options passed after a
vagrant sshare now passed directly to
- Ubuntu guests will now emit a
vagrant-mountedupstart event after shared folders are mounted.
attemptsis a new option on chef client and chef solo provisioners. This will run the provisioner multiple times until erroring about failing convergence. [GH-282]
- Removed Thor as a dependency for the command line interfaces. This resulted in general speed increases across all command line commands.
- Linux uses
shutdown -hinstead of
haltto hopefully more consistently power off the system. [GH-575]
- Tweaks to SSH to hopefully be more reliable in coming up.
- Helpful error message when SCP is unavailable in the guest. [GH-568]
- Error message for improperly packaged box files. [GH-198]
- Copy insecure private key to user-owned directory so even
sudoinstalled Vagrant installations work. [GH-580]
- Provisioner stdout/stderr is now color coded based on stdout/stderr. stdout is green, stderr is red. [GH-595]
- Chef solo now prompts users to run a
reloadif shared folders are not found on the VM. [GH-253]
- "--no-provision" once again works for certain commands. [GH-591]
- Resuming a VM from a saved state will show an error message if there would be port collisions. [GH-602]
vagrant ssh -cwill now exit with the same exit code as the command run. [GH-598]
vagrant ssh -cwill now send stderr to stderr and stdout to stdout on the host machine, instead of all output to stdout.
vagrant box addpath now accepts unexpanded shell paths such as
~/fooand will properly expand them. [GH-633]
- Vagrant can now be interrupted during the "importing" step.
- NFS exports will no longer be cleared when an expected error occurs. [GH-577]
- Revert the SSH tweaks made in 0.8.8. It affected stability
- Mount shared folders shortest to longest to avoid mounting subfolders first. [GH-525]
- Support for basic HTTP auth in the URL for boxes.
- Solaris support for host only networks. [GH-533]
vagrantcommands will not output color when stdout is not a TTY.
- Fix issue where
box_urlset with multiple VMs could cause issues. [GH-564]
- Chef provisioners no longer depend on a "v-root" share being available. [GH-556]
- NFS should work for FreeBSD hosts now. [GH-510]
- SSH executed methods respect
vagrant box addnow respects the "no_proxy" environmental variable. [GH-502]
- Tweaks that should make "Waiting for VM to boot" slightly more reliable.
- Add comments to Vagrantfile to make it detected as Ruby file for
- More correct guest addition version checking. [GH-514]
- Chef solo support on Windows is improved. [GH-542]
- Put encrypted data bag secret into
/tmpby default so that permissions are almost certainly guaranteed. [GH-512]
- Fix regression with remote paths from chef-solo. [GH-431]
- Fix issue where Vagrant crashes if
.vagrantfile becomes invalid. [GH-496]
- Issue a warning instead of an error for attempting to forward a port <= 1024. [GH-487]
- Fix issue with download progress not properly clearing the line. [GH-476]
- NFS should work properly on Fedora. [GH-450]
- Arguments can be specified to the
shellprovisioner via the
- Vagrant behaves much better when there are "inaccessible" VMs. [GH-453]
💎 Note: 0.8.3 and 0.8.4 was yanked due to RubyGems encoding issue.
- Fix SSH
exec!to inherit proper
- Chef client now accepts an empty (
nil) run list again. [GH-429]
- Fix incorrect error message when running
provisionon halted VM. [GH-447]
- Checking guest addition versions now ignores OSE. [GH-438]
- Chef solo from a remote URL fixed. [GH-431]
- Arch linux support: host only networks and changing the host name. [GH-439] [GH-448]
- Chef solo
data_bags_pathcan only be single paths. [GH-446]
virtualbox_not_detectederror message to require 4.1.x. [GH-458]
- Add shortname (
hostname -s) for hostname setting on RHEL systems. [GH-456]
vagrant ssh -coutput no longer has a prefix and respects newlines from the output. [GH-462]
- Fix SSH
- Fix issue with SSH disconnects not reconnecting.
- Fix chef solo simply not working with roles/data bags. [GH-425]
- Multiple chef solo provisioners now work together.
- Update Puppet provisioner so no deprecation warning is shown. [GH-421]
- Removed error on "provisioner=" in config, as this has not existed for some time now.
- Add better validation for networking.