Thank you for choosing Yii 2 - a modern PHP framework designed for professional Web development.
Yii 2 is a complete rewrite of its previous version Yii 1.1 which is one of the most popular PHP frameworks. Yii 2 inherits the main spirit behind Yii for being simple, fast and highly extensible. Yii 2 requires PHP 5.4 and embraces the best practices and protocols found in modern Web application development.
Yii2 alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Frameworks" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Yii2 or a related project?
Yii 2 is a modern framework designed to be a solid foundation for your PHP application.
It is fast, secure and efficient and works right out of the box pre-configured with reasonable defaults. The framework is easy to adjust to meet your needs, because Yii has been designed to be flexible.
- The minimum required PHP version of Yii is PHP 5.4.
- It works best with PHP 7.
- Follow the Definitive Guide in order to get step by step instructions.
- A Definitive Guide and a Class Reference cover every detail of the framework.
- There is a PDF version of the Definitive Guide and a Definitive Guide Mirror which is updated every 15 minutes.
- For Yii 1.1 users, there is Upgrading from Yii 1.1 to get an idea of what has changed in 2.0.
- Participate in discussions at forums.
- Community Slack and Chat in IRC.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and GitHub.
- Check other communities.
The framework is [Open Source](LICENSE.md) powered by an excellent community.
You may join us and:
- [Report an issue](docs/internals/report-an-issue.md)
- [Translate documentation or messages](docs/internals/translation-workflow.md)
- Give us feedback or start a design discussion
- [Contribute to the core code or fix bugs](docs/internals/git-workflow.md)
- Become a sponsor
Reporting Security issues
Please refer to a special page at the website describing proper workflow for security issue reports.
build/ internally used build tools docs/ documentation framework/ core framework code tests/ tests of the core framework code
Spreading the Word
Acknowledging or citing Yii 2 is as important as direct contributions.
If you are giving a presentation or talk featuring work that makes use of Yii 2 and would like to acknowledge it, we suggest using our logo on your title slide.
If you are using Yii 2 as part of an OpenSource project, a way to acknowledge it is to use a special badge in your README:
If your code is hosted at GitHub, you can place the following in your README.md file to get the badge:
Support this project by becoming a sponsor or a backer.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Yii2 README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.