Getopt.PHP is a library for command-line argument processing. It supports PHP version 5.3 and above.
GetOpt alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Command Line" category.
Alternatively, view GetOpt alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of GetOpt or a related project?
GetOpt.PHP is a library for command-line argument processing. It supports PHP version 5.4 and above.
For an overview of the releases with a changelog please have look here: https://github.com/getopt-php/getopt-php/releases
- Supports both short (e.g.
-v) and long (e.g.
- Option aliasing, ie. an option can have both a long and a short version
- Cumulative short options (e.g.
- Two alternative notations for long options with arguments:
- Collapsed short options (e.g.
-a -b -c), also with an argument for the last option (e.g.
-ab 1instead of
-a -b 1)
- Two alternative notations for short options with arguments:
- Quoted arguments (e.g.
--path "/some path/with spcaces") for string processing
- Options with multiple arguments (e.g.
--domain example.org --domain example.com)
- Operand (positional arguments) specification, validation and limitation
- Command routing with specified options and operands
- Help text generation
- Default argument values
- Argument validation
If you are still using a legacy version of GetOpt.PHP, please consider upgrading to version 3.
Only a few adjustments to your code are required to benefit from a lot of improvements. Refer to the upgrade guide for details.
GetOpt.PHP is published under the MIT License.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the GetOpt README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.