PHPMailer v6.5.1 Release NotesRelease Date: 2021-08-18 // 4 months ago
- 👍 Provisional support for PHP 8.1
- ✅ Major overhaul of test suite
- ➕ Add codecov.io coverage reporting
- 0️⃣ Prefer implicit TLS on port 465 as default encryption scheme in examples, as per RFC8314
- 🛠 Fix potential noisy output from IMAP address parser
- Stricter checking of custom MessageID validity
- 0️⃣ Replace invalid default From address
- 👌 Support fallback for languages, so a request for
pt_xxwill fall back to
ptrather than the default
- 👌 Support multi-line RFC2047 addresses in parseAddresses
- 👌 Improved Japanese translation
Many thanks to @jrfnl for all her work.
Previous changes from v6.5.0
- 🔒 SECURITY Fixes CVE-2021-34551, a complex RCE affecting Windows hosts. See [SECURITY.md](SECURITY.md) for details.
- The fix for this issue changes the way that language files are loaded. While they remain in the same PHP-like format, they are processed as plain text, and any code in them will not be run, including operations such as concatenation using the
- 🗄 Deprecation The current translation file format using PHP arrays is now deprecated; the next major version will introduce a new format.
- 🔒 SECURITY Fixes CVE-2021-3603 that may permit untrusted code to be run from an address validator. See [SECURITY.md](SECURITY.md) for details.
- The fix for this issue includes a minor BC break: callables injected into
validateAddress, or indirectly through the
$validatorclass property, may no longer be simple strings. If you want to inject your own validator, provide a closure instead of a function name.
- Haraka message ID strings are now recognised