- ➕ Add support for HHVM and PHP 7
Requests is now tested against both HHVM and PHP 7, and they are supported as first-party platforms.
- Transfer & connect timeouts, in seconds & milliseconds
cURL is unable to handle timeouts under a second in DNS lookups, so we round those up to ensure 1-999ms isn't counted as an instant failure.
- Rework cookie handling to be more thorough.
Cookies are now restricted to the same-origin by default, expiration is checked.
- 👌 Improve testing
Tests are now run locally to speed them up, as well as further general improvements to the quality of the testing suite. There are now also comprehensive proxy tests to ensure coverage there.
- 👌 Support custom HTTP methods
Previously, custom HTTP methods were only supported on sockets; they are now supported across all transports.
(props @ocean90, #227)
- ➕ Add byte limit option
(props @rmccue, #172)
- Support a Requests_Proxy_HTTP() instance for the proxy setting.
(props @ocean90, #223)
- ➕ Add progress hook
(props @rmccue, #180)
- ➕ Add a before_redirect hook to alter redirects
(props @rmccue, #205)
- Pass cURL info to after_request
(props @rmccue, #206)
- ✂ Remove explicit autoload in Composer installation instructions
(props @SlikNL, #86)
- Restrict CURLOPT_PROTOCOLS on
(props @ozh, #92)
- 🛠 Fix doc - typo in "Authentication"
(props @remik, #99)
- Contextually check for a valid transport
(props @ozh, #101)
- Follow relative redirects correctly
(props @ozh, #103)
- 👉 Use cURL's version_number
(props @mishan, #104)
- ✂ Removed duplicated option docs
(props @staabm, #112)
- 🛠 code styling fixed
(props @imsaintx, #113)
- 🛠 Fix IRI "normalization"
(props @ozh, #128)
- Mention two PHP extension dependencies in the README.
(props @orlitzky, #136)
- Ignore coverage report files
(props @ozh, #148)
- ⬇️ drop obsolete "return" after throw
(props @staabm, #150)
- ⚡️ Updated exception message to specify both http + https
(props @beutnagel, #162)
stream_headersmethod to public to allow calling it from other places.
(props @adri, #158)
- Remove duplicated stream_get_meta_data call
(props @rmccue, #179)
- Transmits $errno from stream_socket_client in exception
(props @laurentmartelli, #174)
- Correct methods to use snake_case
(props @rmccue, #184)
- 👌 Improve code quality
(props @rmccue, #186)
- ⚡️ Update Build Status image
(props @rmccue, #187)
- 🛠 Fix/Rationalize transports (v2)
(props @rmccue, #188)
- Surface cURL errors
(props @ifwe, #194)
- 🛠 Fix for memleak and curl_close() never being called
(props @kwuerl, #200)
- ➕ addex how to install with composer
(props @royopa, #164)
- Uppercase the method to ensure compatibility
(props @rmccue, #207)
- 0️⃣ Store default certificate path
(props @rmccue, #210)
- 👮 Force closing keep-alive connections on old cURL
(props @rmccue, #211)
- 📄 Docs: Updated HTTP links with HTTPS links where applicable
(props @ntwb, #215)
- ✂ Remove the executable bit
(props @ocean90, #224)
- 🔄 Change more links to HTTPS
(props @rmccue, #217)
- Bail from cURL when either
(props @dd32, #230)
- Disable OpenSSL's internal peer_name checking when
(props @dd32, #239)
- Only include the port number in the
Hostheader when it differs from 0️⃣ default
(props @dd32, #238)
- Respect port if specified for HTTPS connections
(props @dd32, #237)
- 👍 Allow paths starting with a double-slash
(props @rmccue, #240)
- 🛠 Fixes bug in rfc2616 #3.6.1 implementation.
(props @qibinghua, #219)
👍 Add multiple request support - Send multiple HTTP requests with both fsockopen and cURL, transparently falling back to synchronous when not supported.
👍 Add proxy support - HTTP proxies are now natively supported via a [high-level API][docs/proxy]. Major props to Ozh for his fantastic work on this.
Verify host name for SSL requests - Requests is now the first and only standalone HTTP library to fully verify SSL hostnames even with socket connections. Thanks to Michael Adams, Dion Hulse, Jon Cave, and Pádraic Brady for reviewing the crucial code behind this.
👍 Add cookie support - Adds built-in support for cookies (built entirely as a high-level API)
📄 Add sessions - To compliment cookies, [sessions][docs/usage-advanced] can be created with a base URL and default options, plus a shared cookie jar.
👍 Add Composer support - You can now install Requests via the
rmccue/requestspackage on Composer
📄 [docs/proxy]: http://requests.ryanmccue.info/docs/proxy.html 📄 [docs/usage-advanced]: http://requests.ryanmccue.info/docs/usage-advanced.html
[View all changes][https://github.com/WordPress/Requests/compare/v1.5.0...v1.6.0]
🎉 Initial release!