We're committed to make Mobile_Detect the best open-source mobile detection resource and this is why before
each release we're running unit tests, we also research and update the detection rules on daily
and weekly basis.
Your website's content strategy is important! You need a complete toolkit to deliver an experience that is optimized, fast and relevant to your users. Mobile_Detect class is a server-side detection tool that can help you with your RWD strategy, it is not a replacement for CSS3 media queries or other forms of client-side feature detection.
Mobile-Detect alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Strings" category.
Alternatively, view Mobile-Detect alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
8.1 9.1 L4 Mobile-Detect VS Device DetectorThe Universal Device Detection library will parse any User Agent and detect the browser, operating system, device used (desktop, tablet, mobile, tv, cars, console, etc.), brand and model.
8.0 6.5 L5 Mobile-Detect VS SlugifyConverts a string to a slug. Includes integrations for Symfony, Silex, Laravel, Zend Framework 2, Twig, Nette and Latte.
Russian metaphone algorithm implementation
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Mobile-Detect or a related project?
Motto: "Every business should have a detection script to detect mobile readers."
Mobile Detect is a lightweight PHP class for detecting mobile devices (including tablets). It uses the User-Agent string combined with specific HTTP headers to detect the mobile environment.
Your website's content strategy is important! You need a complete toolkit to deliver an experience that is optimized, fast and relevant to your users. Mobile Detect class is a server-side detection tool that can help you with your RWD strategy, it is not a replacement for CSS3 media queries or other forms of client-side feature detection.
We're committed to make Mobile_Detect the best open-source mobile detection resource and this is why before each release we're running [unit tests](./tests) and research and update the detection rules on monthly basis.
See [the history](./docs/HISTORY.md) of the project.
- JetBrains is sponsoring the project by providing licenses for PHPStorm and DataGrip.
2.x.xis only integrating new regexes, User-Agents and tests. We are focusing on new tablets only. The rest of the PRs about TVs, bots or optimizations will be closed and analyzed after
3.x.xis experimental and WIP.
Download and include manually
Use this to quickly test the demo.
- [Download latest release](../../tags)
Install as a composer package
Use this method to get continuous updates.
composer require mobiledetect/mobiledetectlib
or include the dependency in the
- :iphone: Live demo!
- [Code examples](../../wiki/Code-examples)
Submit a PR
Submit a pull request but before make sure you read [how to contribute](docs/CONTRIBUTING.md) guide.
I'm currently paying for hosting and spend a lot of my family time to maintain the project and planning the future releases. I would highly appreciate any money donations that will keep the research going.
Special thanks to the community :+1: for donations, JetBrains team for the continuous support and Dragos Gavrila who contributed with the logo.
Modules, plugins, ports
[Submit new module, plugin, port](../../issues/new?title=New%203rd%20party%20module&body=Name,%20Link%20and%20Description%20of%20the%20module.)
Mobile_Detect.php class in a separate
module and do NOT include it in your script core because of the high frequency of updates.
:point_right: When including the class into your
web application or
module always use
include_once '../path/to/Mobile_Detect.php to prevent conflicts.
- Varnish Mobile Detect - Drop-in varnish solution to mobile user detection based on the Mobile-Detect library. Made by willemk.
- mobiledetect2vcl - Python script to transform the Mobile Detect JSON database into an UA-based mobile detection VCL subroutine easily integrable in any Varnish Cache configuration. Made by Carlos Abalde.
- mobile-detect.lua is a port of Mobile-Detect to Lua for NGINX HTTP servers. Follows closely to mobile-detect.js. Supports all methods that server-side mobile-detect.js supports. Fully unit-tested and synced with Travis CI (Build Passing badge included). Made by Mark Walters.
Mobile Detect for WordPress - WordPress has a built-in function (
wp_is_mobile()) to detect mobile devices. There is (at least) one catch, though. It considers iPad (iPad pro, and any tablet) as a mobile. So, this 3rd party module changes the way
wp_is_mobile()works with the help of Mobile Detect PHP library! Made by Pothi Kalimuthu
WordPress Mobile Detect - Gives you the ability to wrap that infographic in a
[notdevice][/notdevice]shortcode so at the server level WordPress will decide to show that content only if the user is NOT on a phone or tablet. Made by Jesse Friedman.
mobble - provides mobile related conditional functions for your site. e.g.
is_tablet(). Made by Scott Evans.
WP247 Body Classes - Add unique classes to the
bodytag for easy styling based on various attributes (archive, user, post, mobile) and various WordPress "is" functions. Mobile attributes include type of device, Operating System, Browser, etc. Examples: .is-mobile, .is-not-mobile, .is-tablet, .is-ios, .is-not-ios, .is-androidos, .is-chromebrowser. Made by wescleveland56.
Adaptive Content for WordPress provides the most intuitive set of shortcodes for including/excluding content on mobile devices, tablets desktops and other more specific device parameters. This lightweight plugin lets content writers and theme authors choose when WordPress should or shouldn’t show any give content item using shortcodes and quicktags or theme elements using functions. Made by AddFunc.
yagendoo Joomla! Mobile Detection Plugin - Lightweight PHP plugin for Joomla! that detects a mobile browser using the Mobile Detect class. Made by yagendoo media.
User Agent Detector plugin - This system plugin detects the user agent of your website visitor and sets a session variable accordingly. Based on the user agent, the plugin detects if the site is running on a desktop pc, tablet or smartphone. It can also detect if the visitor is a spider bot (search engine). Session variable that is set:
ualayout. Possible values: desktop, tablet, mobile, bot. Made by @ReneKreijveld.
Magento 2 Mobile Detect Theme Change is an extension for Magento 2 that will change the theme or redirect to a different URL. Also containing a helper to check for the device type.
- PrestaShop is a free, secure and open source shopping cart platform. Mobile_Detect is included in the default package since 1.5.x.
Laravel Mobile Detect is a package that enables you to use device detection right in your Laravel Blade templates. (Utilises the well-known, constantly updated PHP mobile detection library.) Made by Barnabas Kecskes.
ZF2 MobileDetectModule facilitates integration of a PHP MobileDetect class with some ZF2-based application. Has similar idea like the existing ZF2 Mobile-Detect module, but differs in initialization and provision routine of the actual Mobile_Detect class. Appropriate view helper and controller plugin also have different conceptions. Made by Nikola Posa.
- Slim_Mobile_Detect implements Mobile_Detect lib for different responses write on Slim Framework App.
- EE2 Detect Mobile is a lightweight PHP plugin for EE2 that detects a mobile browser using the Mobile Detect class. Made by Gareth Davies.
- Special Agent is a FuelPHP package which uses php-mobile-detect to determine whether a device is mobile or not. It overrides the Fuelphp Agent class its methods. Made by Robbie Bardjin.
- px_mobiledetect is an extension that helps to detect visitor's mobile device class (if that’s tablet or mobile device like smartphone). Made by Alexander Tretyak.
MemHT is a Free PHP CMS and Blog that permit the creation and the management online of websites with few and easy steps. Has the class included in the core.
concrete5 is a CMS that is free and open source. The library is included in the core.
engine7 is PHP Open Source Framework. The Mobile_Detect class is included in the engine.
Zikula is a free and open-source Content Management Framework, which allows you to run impressive websites and build powerful online applications. The core uses Mobile-Detect to switch to a special Mobile theme, using jQueryMobile.
UserAgentInfo is a PHP class for parsing user agent strings (HTTP_USER_AGENT). Includes mobile checks, bot checks, browser types/versions and more. Based on browscap, Mobile_Detect and ua-parser. Created for high traffic websites and fast batch processing. Made by quentin389.
- pymobiledetect - Mobile detect python package. Made by Bas van Oostveen.
- mobile_detect.rb is a Ruby gem using the JSON data exposed by the php project and implementing a basic subset of the API (as much as can be done by the exposed data). Made by Karthik T.
- ua-lua is a small lib written in LUA providing device type detection. ua-lua is detecting mobile or tablet devices based on user-agent inside nginx daemon. Made by Frédéric Robinet.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Mobile-Detect README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.